Photoshop is has got loads of tools which have not got much attention and Color replacement Tool is one of them. This tool will let you colorize your image by replacing the original color to any other color of your choice. Color Replacement Tool can be used in lots of different ways. You can put in colors in grayscale images it means you can colorize your old photos. Color Replacement Tool can also be used for removing the red eye effect from your eyes as the red color can be replace with any other color easily (Photoshop has also got Red Eye Tool which is dedicated to red eye removal operation). One of the best thing with color replacement tool is that while applying the new color it will not affect the texture of your image. You can also learn How to Change the Text into Gold.
For replacing colors or colorizing a grayscale image you need to follow these steps.
- Open the required image in Photoshop from File menu.
- Once the file is opened you can click on Color Replacement Tool which is more like a brush tool with a square and two arrows next to it.
- On the Option bar you need to click Brush Preset Picker. A drop down menu will appear where you have to select desired diameter and harness etc.
- Now select your desired blend mode which includes Color, Hue, Saturation and Luminosity.
- Now select the Sampling method from the Option bar.
- After selecting Sampling method you need to select the sampling limits mode.
- Specify the tolerance percentage. (Tolerance refers to range of color)
- Now after selecting tolerance percentage you have to select whether you need anti-aliasing.
- Once the setting has been established you have to click as well as drag in your image.
With this process you can easily replace the color with original one in any image and you can also colorize black&white images.