Adobe Photoshop is without a doubt the best image editing application which is being used all over the world. Adobe Photoshop is quite a vast application and in order to use it efficiently you need to have proper knowledge of it. With Adobe Photoshop you can easily add a background. With just few simple steps you will be able to perform the above mentioned action easily. You can also learn How to Resize an Image in Photoshop.
In order to add a background on Photoshop all you have to do is to follow these steps.
- Open Photoshop from your Programs menu. It is a blue icon with letters Ps written on it.
- Once Photoshop is opened you need to click on File which is located on the left side of the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- After clicking File, a drop down menu will be opened from where you need to click Open.
- Now you need to open the image which you want to set as a background.
- Once background image is opened you need to again click on File.
- Now from drop down menu you have to click Place which is located near the top of the menu.
- Now select the image which you want to be on the foreground.
- Once the image is selected click on Place button which will let the image to be placed on foreground.
- Now after the image is placed as a foreground above the background image and highlighted in layers window located at the right side of the screen.
- Now click on Filter. It is located in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- After this you have to click on Extract from drop down menu.
- Click on Edge Highlighter Tool which you can find in the upper left of the Extract window.
- You you have select the brush size.
- Now click and hold and then drag the tool along the edge of the photo which you are required in the foreground.
- Now click on the Fill Tool which is located on the upper-left of the Extract window.
- Now click and drag the Fill Tool all across the area which you are required to keep. The area you have preserved will turn into translucent blue.
- Now click on OK button. With this the extracted image will appear in the foreground over the background image.
- Now use the Move Tool in order to position and resize your foreground image.